Site Links

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Styvmorsviol and Svalört

   

Viola tricolor I have seen thee, high and low,
I took a walk at Kapp-Ekeby byväg (byväg means farm road), a couple of days ago. A rural landscape just outside Västerhaninge. There used to be two farms in this little village, one was called Sandviken, but they were abandoned back in 1877. All that remains visible today is the old road. But if you look closely you can find remains from the Iron Age here so this is a place where people lived for a very long time. On this visit I decided to look for signs of Spring and this was the result. Top photo shows a Styvmorsviol. Second snap is a Svalört. To get this close I used an extension tube and the trusted pancake lens. And I might have to go back as I lost yet another lens cap!

suwan

About suwan

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.