Site Links

Monday, May 4, 2015

A Little Tarn

   

A Little Tarn Madame's pixie cup
Tornberga, (the hill with the tower), was made a nature reserve a few years ago. This little tarn a hundred meters from the top of the hill is known as Tornbergasjön. I used to come here as a kid with my parents. It was always fun balancing on the foot-bridges. Back then there was a tower on the hill. In fact there used to be two towers. At 111 meters above sea level it is the highest point on Södertörn. During WWII my paternal grandfather sat in one tower spying for foreign war planes. As a teenager I visited the tarn with my friends. We used to camp here and sing songs by the open fire at night. Both towers are long gone, but a new one will be built here this year. Hopefully you will be able to see both the archipelago and Stockholm from the new tower. Walking in the wetland at the tarn I found this kochenillav, or Red pixie cup, (lichen), growing in the bryophyte. It's a only a few millimeter wide. Obviously it began to rain the second I started shooting.

suwan

About suwan

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.