Site Links

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Closed between Bird Cherry and Lilac

   

Stängt mellan hägg och syren
There once was a cordwainer (skomakare), who closed shop this time of the year. He put a sign on the door. It read: Closed between Bird Cherry and Lilac. Stängt mellan hägg och syren. True or not, I don't know, but it's a fine story. The period between when the two plants bloom is for many Swedes their favorite time of the year. My grandparents had Bird Cherry on their veranda and I will never forget that fragrance. We used to sit there and drink coffee and my grandmothers home made "kubbar". I found this "Hägg" along the bike path in Handen yesterday.

suwan

About suwan

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.